Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentime's Day!

No, that isn't a typo.
Braden says "Valentime" and I think it is cute!


Yesterday, the boys and I went to Target to pick out a travel coffee mug to give to Daddy for Valentine's Day. Kyle has recently started using the timer on the coffee pot to make coffee in the morning, and is using a lid-less mug to transport his coffee all of the way to Huntsville. We have three or four more travel mugs, but I can't seem to remember to bring them home from my classroom. I thought giving Kyle a special mug just for him would be a good idea--even though we agreed on no presents. Anyhoo, back to the shopping trip...First, Braden was pretty sure that Daddy wanted a race car for Valentime's Day, then he was certain that Daddy wanted the shiny pink mug, but I convinced him that Daddy would like the much more manly black and silver one. I put it in a gift bag and left it by the coffee pot this morning. Kyle seemed to appreciate it.


Last night before we went to bed, I got out Braden's Valentine's shirt (same one he wore last year...has the kid not grown at all?!). It depicts a frog wearing a crown and says "Kiss Me." Braden was very excited about wearing it today until I went to go wake him up this morning.


me: "Braden, wake up! It's Valentine's Day. You get to wear your shirt!"


Braden: (grouchy) "Go away. I'm sleeping."


me: (kissing on him) "Braaadeeeen. Wake uuuuUUUuuup."


Braden: (rolling away from me) "Just let me sleep five more minutes."


Agh! I had a major flash forward to Braden at 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, etc. He can't help it though, mommy and daddy love to sleep, too. Garrett, on the other hand, usually wakes us up by singing over the monitor.


I attempted to get pictures of the boys as we left for school this morning. The results perfectly capture their morning personalities:


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentimes to you guys too.
Funny morning pictures.

Grandma Allen