
Last November, the boys' Grandaddy (my dad) wanted to create a birdfeeder station in our backyard. The plan was to sink a 4x4 into the ground, attach decorative hooks on three sides, and hang various types of birdfeeders. However, when Grandaddy went outside to dig the hole, he quickly gave up because the ground was rock hard. Our backyard is very native (meaning it is all rock!).
Two weeks ago, after several days of rain, I dug a hole. Last weekend, Kyle enlarged it with the help of a borrowed post-hole digger and we added the 4x4 and backfilled.
Today, Tiffany and I went to Tractor Supply and bought two more birdfeeders (we had one), birdseed, and a copper cap for the top of the post. The boys helped me fill the feeders and hang them...now we just need birds!
Two weeks ago, after several days of rain, I dug a hole. Last weekend, Kyle enlarged it with the help of a borrowed post-hole digger and we added the 4x4 and backfilled.
Today, Tiffany and I went to Tractor Supply and bought two more birdfeeders (we had one), birdseed, and a copper cap for the top of the post. The boys helped me fill the feeders and hang them...now we just need birds!
No comments:
Post a Comment