Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Interview attempt #1

My friend Stormy had a great idea (that she stole from someone else) for a blog post and for a fun memory of her kids: She interviewed each kid with the idea that every year they will repeat the interviews and see how the kids grow/change, etc. Stormy's boys are each a year older than mine, and they are the cutest, funniest kids with very distinct personalities. I loved reading about Keaton and Tucker's interviews. At lunch today, I picked Stormy's brain about how to set up the interview to get optimum participation. I thought I was ready. I had the questions, I had the laptop, I had the kid.

I didn't have the participation.

Here's how Braden's interview went:

Me: "What's your name?"

Braden: "I'm not talking to you."

Me: "I'll get you chocolate milk if you do the interview."

Braden: "I SAID I'm not talking to you."

And then I gave up.

If you know anything about my oldest child, you know that he is the most stubborn kid on the planet. He must get it from the Stutts side.

I'll try the interview again in a few days--maybe with ice cream as the bribe. I think he'll talk for ice cream.

1 comment:

The Graff's said...

How funny! I'm gonna try this with Blake!