We took Braden's training wheels off today! We've been talking for awhile about how he doesn't really use them anymore, but he has been pretty resistant to the idea of losing them. I didn't give him a choice, just grabbed a wrench and went to work. On his first attempt, he hopped on in the driveway by the garage and by the time he said, "Mommy, don't let go!" he was at the end of the driveway without me!
I yelled for Kyle to grab the video camera, and here is his second attempt:
After that ride, he wanted the training wheels back on (and Garrett wanted his off). Instead, I lowered the seat so that he could reach the ground while seated, and that seemed to eliminate his fears. Here he is again:
Pretty soon, he was riding like an old pro!
I really noticed the neighbors' ugly house (complete with washing machine on the front porch!)at the end of the street in the video, so I shifted my position to film some more (our house is barely in the background of this one. We have the green grass).
1 comment:
SO PROUD!!! ~Aunt Linsey
Post a Comment