
Braden received his first discipline note in kindergarten today. He was very embarrassed when I asked him about it, said that he was just yawning loudly and protested emphatically, "it isn't a big deal. Don't worry about it!" (hahahhahaha). He was mortified when I wanted to call Linsey to tell her about the note!
As a teacher, I of course side with the teacher here. I'm certain he was not just yawning!
My favorite part of the note is Braden's shaky little "B" in the student initial blank. I bet he just about cried when he had to initial that!
Interestingly, Garrett was playing with my camera that he had pilfered out of my purse. He just happened to catch a few seconds of video of me checking Braden's backpack and discovering the discipline note. Sometime, when I have the time/patience to download video, I'll post it on here.
2 comments:
Interesting- as an elementary teacher my first reaction is "what a dumb reason to send home a note." I would talk to the kid first. Unless it's happened a couple times. Or involved eye rolls etc. I don't know, I always thought I wouldn't be a parent that defended the kid...but it's BRADEN!
I love your blog! I read through it and the list about kindergarden made me cry~!! Love it!
Post a Comment