Monday, September 7, 2009

Kindergarten homework!

Homework in kindergarten is fun! Braden's assignment tonight was to practice writing his name in flour. Here he is hard at work. This is what Braden has to say:

"Braden had fun playing in flour. I like to write my name with some lower case letters and some upper case letters. And Mommy taught me a different way to write my name. First, it was an uppercase B and the other letters were lower case. That is how mommy taught me."

Me: "Why do you like writing in flour?"

Braden: "It's awesome. It's because I think it is fun. Sometimes I mess up with a pencil and it is too hard to erase."

Me: "Why is it better with flour?"

Braden: "Because if you mess up, you can just put more flour on it and do it again. "

Me: "Anything else you want to tell the people?"

Braden: "I drew a fire truck. It was a guessing fire truck that mommy had to guess."

Braden: "Flour looks like a cake."


Here's Braden's first attempt. My version is on top, and his is on bottom. We practiced writing lower case letters for awhile. This was really great with the flour because his little finger could trace my letters. After a few minutes of practice, Braden was ready to write his entire name again. Mine's on top; his is on bottom.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome homework! And I'm so glad he's finally learning to write it correctly with lowercase letters! I miss those little boys. Bring them to me.