1. Garrett moved up to the Montessori II classroom, and he's never been happier. He is EXCITED to go to daycare every day, and doesn't whine anymore.
2. His daycare just replaced all the sand in the playground with gravel. I was terribly excited about it--Garrett was bringing home at least a cup of sand every day in his shoes, his undies, his hair. I shouldn't have been so excited because it turns out that gravel is covered with a very fine dust that gets all over everything. He is the color of gravel when I pick him up which makes it kinda embarrassing to go anywhere after daycare.
3. As I walked in his room, his very nice teacher, Hannah, was down on his level, hands on his shoulders, kindly saying, "Garrett, we do not throw our lessons." I acted very stern and disapproving, but I really thought it was kinda funny.
4. Garrett is one of the few kids in his class who actually naps at rest time, but that is probably because he wakes up at 5:30 or so.
5. Making lunches for Garrett is alot easier than making them for Braden because Garrett eats pretty much anything.
6. Garrett says goodbye to everyone--teachers, friends, the director. Braden never would do that.
7. I don't think Garrett misses his brother at all!
8. He's going to start kids yoga as soon as his yoga instructor is back from maternity leave. Braden did this and loved it.
9. Sometimes I feel bad that Garrett is one of the first kids dropped off and the last picked up, but he is always having so much fun that I don't feel too bad. Plus, he gets months in the summer with me, 2 weeks at Christmas, Spring Break, etc. and the other kids don't get that.
10. Garrett has never gotten a "bad" note (Braden only got one). He has, however, gotten the notes that say that he has been the victim of a biting. He hasn't gotten one of those in awhile.
1 comment:
Gravel may not be as bad as sand, but it has to be close! Keaton still comes home all grayed out from gravel!
Post a Comment