I had end-of-the-year conferences today about Braden and Garrett. My kids are, of course, very smart, well adjusted, emotionally well developed, and have excellent fine and gross motor skills!
Braden's teacher, Salina, said that when she was testing him on counting, she asked him to count from 1 to 50. He was at about 15 when he stopped, looked at her quizzically, and said, "Salina, do you know how to count to 50?"
She said, "yes, Braden, I do."
He asked, "then why do you need me to do it for you?"
Clever little sucker, huh?
She noted on his number chart that he asked why he had to stop at 50 when they always count to 200.
Salina wrote on his report that "Braden is such a sweet boy! I love having him in my classroom! He is such a great helper; he is always willing to help other children with their lessons." Perhaps we have another teacher on our hands!
Here is a scan of his shape worksheet:

Garrett's teacher was out today (her daughter is graduating from high school tonight!), so I met with one of the daycare directors. He "always" meets all of the developmental skills, such as "match sounds to animal" and "sing some words to songs." The report also says that he always "can copy housework." Hmmm...now that I know that, I need to put the kid to work!
Here is a scan of some bugs made with Garrett's fingerprints:

No comments:
Post a Comment