Wednesday, November 23, 2011

We are Thankful for our Neighbors

Garrett had his first school performance yesterday, and it was awesome!  He had been practicing his dance for about two weeks at home, and the night before the program, he carefully laid out his white shirt and blue jeans and black shoes.  

The morning of the performance, I woke him up and said, "Garrett...time to get dressed for your performance." 

Without even opening his eyes he broke into a huge grin and said, "I love today!"

He's part of the dual language program, and his dance was the part of the program called "We are Thankful for our Neighbors." It was to a mariachi song--not quite the Mexican Hat Dance, but I don't know what it was. I loved the pretty skirts on the girls, and I would have loved to twirl around in one if I was a 6 year old. Heck, I'd love to do that now! 

Garrett took his role very seriously. He was front and center with his partner, Margarita.  Several times he re-positioned her, and that cracked me up. 







In this part, the boys are standing, marching to the beat, while the girls were twirling around them.  Garrett is SO serious! Love that kid!!


Posted by Picasa

No comments: