Monday, August 23, 2010

1st day of 1st grade

Today was Braden's first day of first grade. "It was cool," he says.

Here he is before we left the house in the morning. Notice his fancy new lunchbox! He is still wearing the same ol' crummy backpack, but we'll get him a new one this weekend.




Here he is in front of the school. He's really humoring me here with the picture taking--he was seriously waaaay too cool for this.





Calm, confident, collected...until we got to the door of his first grade classroom. Then, he did NOT want to go in even though he saw his bud Samuel in the classroom. There was a lot of clinging (on his part) and a lot of prying (on my part), but with the help of Mrs. Cardona, he made it in the classroom door.

2 comments:

Linsey said...

Awww he looks so cute and big (even the pouty picture). And you look so pretty and skinny. Poor Garrett- no pics till kindergarten. Ha. Thanks for finally updating the blog!

Anonymous said...

SO adorable. I actually broke down crying (due to the surge of postpartum hormones I am sure) about the thought of this day coming someday for Hudson. I guess I have 4 or 5 years to prepare myself.