Thursday, April 29, 2010

Like father, like son

This evening, I heard the unmistakable sound of tools clanking in the garage. Because Kyle had just bought a new weight bench last night, I thought he was in there making some minor adjustments to it. I could hear the sounds of little voices, too.

I finally got up to bring the boys inside for their baths.

Kyle was not in the garage.

Braden, Garrett, and their neighbor-friend Luke were in there.

And they had removed the training wheels from Garrett's bike. He's four, you know. And big brother learned to ride when he was four, so it is high time for Garrett to learn.

Braden accomplished the training wheel removal by standing on a chair to reach the tool box, finding the correct size of wrench, and then getting to work. He was quite proud of himself.

I'm sure daddy will be proud, too, once he wakes up...I found him in bed asleep by 8 pm.

All that is left to do is teach the Garrett Carrot how to ride.

No comments: