It was a beautiful purple sweater
Cowl neck, the perfect fit.
It looked good on me-
Everyone said so.
I loved that sweater.
Brought out the blue in my eyes
Cozy and warm on a cold
wintry day.
It was a beautiful purple sweater.
But one three year old
and a "cowbunga"
off the coffee table
while my back was turned
And the sweater was in shreds.
5 comments:
I don't get it. How did it get shredded and what was it doing in the living room? More details please. -Linsey
WHAT??? The sweater you & Emily share that you wore today??? SAD!
Oh Linsey. I was being poetic and intentially vague.
Here's the scoop: I was wearing the sweater. Garrett was standing on the coffee table. I was watching TV, not Garrett. He said, "cowabunga" and jumped off the coffee table toward my back and grabbed on to the cowl neck...and ripped the back of the sweater. "Shredded" was hyperbole.
Yes, April, the sweater that Emily and share (well, we each have one; we don't really share one) is in the trash. Sadness.
Oh Erin. I know you were trying to be poetic. But it was annoying. :) ~Linsey
Oh Linsey. Poetry is not annoying. Bratty little sisters are. :)
Post a Comment