Question: What does sheer joy and excitement looks like?
Answer: A busload of
kindergartners running wild at a Christmas tree farm on a cold, wintry day!
Kyle and I took off a day of work to
chaperone Braden's field trip, do some Christmas shopping, and spend some time together during such a busy time of year. It was a blast!
Here's Braden getting off the school bus. I almost didn't recognize him because he had reversed his
reversible coat. I was looking for red; he was in navy.

Kyle became the measuring man. The kids would run wild through the trees shouting, "Mira!
Maestra!
Este!" (look, teacher, this one!) and all the kids would run to it, Kyle would measure it, and Senora
Saenz would discuss (in Spanish, of course) if tree was too big or too little. I'm thankful that Braden was on a Spanish day during the day of the field trip, as it was awesome to watch him listening and responding in Spanish.
Some of the little boys picked up on me calling Kyle by his name, and soon a group of them, with their cute Spanish accents, were yelling "Ky-
yle, Ky-
yle!"

Question: You know what is impossible?
Answer: Getting a group of
kindergartners to pose for a class picture.

Looks like Braden is just about the right size. We'll take him home.

After Jason's dad (
el papi de Jason) cut down the tree, all the kids assisted in carrying the tree to the needle shaker and net wrapping
machine. Braden's in the back here, not
really helping, because he said the needles poked him.

We took a family picture.

The kiddos took their snack on a hayride around the Christmas trees.
What a great day! I'm glad Braden goes to such a wonderful kindergarten, and it was fun to experience it for a day.
1 comment:
Fun!
Post a Comment