When we woke up last Wednesday morning, there was a light dusting of snow on the ground. Braden hopped out of bed as soon as I told him, which is miraculous in itself. I took a few pictures of the boys before school, and we were pretty darn impressed by the snow as we drove to daycare. At 3pm, the snow started up again. I let my 7th period sneak out to the windows to have a look--some had never seen snow fall before! By the time I picked up the boys at 5 and drove home, the snow had really piled up (well, "piled up" for College Station standards).
As soon as we pulled in the driveway, the boys were tugging at their seatbelts and begging to get out of the truck. We all jumped out, and while they immediately dove into the snow, I ran in for the camera. I found my truck keys, purse, phone, lunchboxes, etc. still in the truck the next morning.
The boys were amazing--they knew exactly what to do! They were slinging snowballs and creating snow angels like they'd been in snow their entire lives. While I was shivering and shaking, they were just reveling in the wonderment of it all. I had a hard time getting pictures--they just wouldn't pause for a second, not for a candy bribe, or an ice-cream bribe, or a serious threat.
Notice that Braden is wearing his black hat and gloves--he got those at an ice-skating party his friend Catelyn had. Garrett is not wearing gloves (or gwubs, as he calls them) because I'm a bad mom. He is, however, wearing his favorite "dragon hat."
Notice, too, the fabulous lights on our house. My husband is amazing!!
My friend Stormy has a heartfelt and poetic blog entry about the snow on her blog: http://stormyhickman.blogspot.com Check it out.
No comments:
Post a Comment