In the spirit of the holidays, I thought I should finally blog about Halloween.
We had a great Halloween this year. The events kicked off with a pumpkin carving party at my friend Michelle's house. Michelle and Chris's daughter, Isa, goes to my kids' daycare, and the three of them had a blast playing while I carved a fairly intricate jack-o-lantern using one of those stencil kits.

Halloween continued several days later with the annual fall festival at Sam Houston. We made the trek to Huntsville to "Daddy's ranch" for the party. On the way there, Braden told Garrett all about it and said, "last year, I was too shy to play any games. This year, I'm not going to be shy." And he wasn't! Both kids enjoyed the games, the hayride, and especially the cookie decorating station.

The third event of our Halloween extravaganza was the kids' party at daycare. I dressed them in matching skeleton shirts and black pants, much to Braden's dismay and slight embarrassment. My intentions were good: I didn't want them to mess up their costumes before trick or treating that evening. When I arrived at the daycare to help with the party, however, Braden's friends were quick to inform me that he wasn't wearing a costume, just a shirt. Braden didn't seem to mind too much, though.

Halloween evening was supposed to begin with "trunk or treating" at Keller Williams Realty with The Corleys (our friend Melina is a realtor). When the boys and I got home, though, Kyle was in the driveway cleaning fish from the previous day's offshore trip with Tom. Between the fish, the grouchy boys, and the tired mom, the trunk-or-treating just didn't happen. We did manage to get ready in time to join the neighborhood hay ride and trick-or-treating party. It was great fun!

Oh, as for the costumes. Braden's may look vaguely familiar. He was Elmo the Halloween that he was 18 month old, too. This is the same costume, just in a bigger size. The first Elmo costume was one that he practically lunged out of the cart for. The same thing happened this time. We had looked at costumes at a couple of places, and we were in Target looking at all kinds of great things--pirates, ninjas, puppy dogs, firemen, etc. Braden just HAD to have Elmo. Again. Even though he is four and hasn't watched Elmo in at least two years. The night of the hayride he got very upset that "people keep calling me Elmo, but my name is Braden." Sheesh.

Garrett was the cutest lion you've ever seen. Roar!
No comments:
Post a Comment